The ISU-IDP is not a one time activity—It is your key to success!
What is IDP?
A individual development plan (IDP) is a tailor-made approach for evaluating your professional objectives and crafting a roadmap to achieve them. This process encourages self-reflection on your long-term career goals, assesses your current competencies, and outlines concrete steps to reach those goals. A well-crafted IDP is instrumental in optimizing your graduate or postdoctoral training, providing valuable assistance as you focus on refining your academic, professional, and soft skills.
What is ISU-IDP?
The ISU-IDP is an exceptional toolkit and a powerful resource for graduate students and postdoctoral scholars at Iowa State. Whether you are at the beginning of your degree program or actively preparing for the next phase of your career, use the ISU-IDP toolkit to boost your professional competencies and advance your career plan. While providing a structured framework, the ISU-IDP tools can be tailored exclusively to your needs, enabling you to:
- Assess your strengths and identify skills for improvement
- Set short, medium, and long-term goals
- Locate and access specialized resources
- Seek timely assistance from your mentor, enhancing your relationship
- Develop a comprehensive action plan for both your academic and professional growth
- Track your professional development throughout your time at Iowa State.